Product suggestions

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Send preview thumbnail (for media files) in emails

So that clients can have a preview of what they are being sent / directed to. Instantly people know what the link is about. This is offered in similar services geared up to send video previews to clients etc.

Appearance of the HTML email could be similar to the layout of the Digital Pigeon preview web page.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We think this is a good idea however we will have to be careful how we implement it as it takes time to generate the previews.

We think the best option here is to allow the user to choose whether to wait to generate previews before sending the email, or send it out straight away.

At the very least if not all previews have been generated warn the user that the email won’t include them if they hit send.

2. Add expiry option for number of allowable downloads

Add an option to have the option to have files expire at XX number of times OR xx downloads, whichever comes first.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customize required fields for receiving files

Ability to strip the fields, or add to the fields for information required. For example, to be able to remove required fields such as description, and message.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Generate previews for common Office document formats (powerpoint, word, pdf)

Currently PDFs only show the first page as a preview. Documents such as word and powerpoint don't get a preview at all.

Being able to see in these documents without downloading would be an advantage.

This opens the possibility of being able to provide feedback or comment against pages deep in the uploaded documents.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 360 Video

360 degree Video Playback

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Publish directly from Adobe Lightroom

It would be so great if you could publish directly from Adobe Lightroom.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow multiple uploads

I'd like to see a preference for multiple concurrent uploads.
    Currently if I am uploading something huge, and need to send smaller files as well, but need the small files to go NOW, I have to manually pause the large file then resume it once the smaller ones are sent.
    If we could set a preference to allow multiple concurrent uploads that would streamline my day a lot.
    Thanks
    Scott

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Desktop uploaded: Confirm on quit if uploading

A few times now I've accidentally quite the app while uploading a large file, then had troubles getting the app to resume the file - quitting seems to confuse it somehow.
    It would be great if the App could detect if you were in the middle of an upload when a user quits, and ask me if I really want to quit before the upload is finished.
    Usually I find dialogs like this invasive, but in this instance for this application and service I would find it helpful in keeping my uploads going!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improved search functionality

Better search functionality! I often search for a word that is in the title, or a user and often results don't come up.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Export directly from Adobe Premiere

It would be great if you could export directly from Adobe Premiere.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Right click be more context aware on the Mac app

At the moment if you right click (on the Mac at least !) it only offers the usual Mac services.

What would be great is if you right clicked on a file in the send list, that it would change over to allow you to delete, discard, resend, etc - basically anything that you could do in the main area and via menus, you could replicate here.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to limit the combined file size of a transfer when receiving files

Ability to limit the combined file size of a transfer on the upload widget.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add option to sort files by "Download quota used"

Add option to sort files by "Download quota used".
    This would allow to easily find the files that used our data plan the most, and archive them or bill them accordingly to the client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for the user to download a CSV summary of the data used during the last month (with filesize, download usage, storage usage).

Allow for the user to download or receive a summary of the data used for the past month.
    This could be a simple CSV file.
    It would contain a list of files transfered during the month, with as many informations as possible : transfer title, dates, filesize, download quota used, number of download/views, number of comments, etc.
    This would allow the user to sort and analyse his usage and get a better picture of which client can be billed for data usage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Use embedded meta data to populate file descriptions

This suggestion comes from Ted Fahn who is a photographer that spends time in Lightroom adding descriptions to his photos.

These are available in the image metadata so it would be good for Digital Pigeon to automatically populate the description when being uploaded. It would improve the upload process and reduce chances of copy/paste issues.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Product suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base