When first signing up to Digital Pigeon, users can choose to create their account with an email address and password or a Social sign-on (Google mail, LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook and Apple). However sometimes after creating an account with an email address and password users wish to switch to one of the Social sign-on options. This article aims to guide users through the process.
1. Log in to your Digital Pigeon account and navigate to the Profile menu found via "Manage > Profile"
2. Click the "Lock" icon found to the right of the "Email" field (This will cause a window to appear titled "Update Email")
3. Inside the "Update Email" window you will see the option to select one of the Social sign-on options, click the Social sign-on you wish to switch to (In this instance it will be Slack but the process is the same for all options)
4. Another window will appear requesting authorisation from the Social sign-on you chose, click "Allow" (The authorisation window will close after clicking "Allow")
5. You should now be presented with an "Authentication Required" window asking you to enter your current password (Enter your password and click "Continue", this will finalise the switchover process to a Social sign-on service)
Please note that after completing the process you will be asked to leave the site. This is normal and all you need to do is click "Leave" from there you will be logged out of the platform and brought to the "Sign in" page. All you need to do to log into your account is click the Social sign-on that you switched to and a window will appear requesting permission to access Digital Pigeon. Click "Allow" and you will log into your account.